WWW The Thinkery
Thursday, May 24, 2007
(11:50 AM) | Stephen:
Bleah

My dad and his wife have been in town for a few days. It was the first time for them to see our present house. It was fun; I don't get to see my family enough since we live so far from all of them.

So I've not been on the computer as much lately, or even reading the newspapers as much. And now I see that the Dems have completely caved to Bush, apparently because they felt like they would be open to too much criticism from the WH over the Memorial Day weekend.

Yeah, can't have that. I mean, gee, having President Cowboy blast the Democrats for being unserious while he clears even more brush on his "ranch" would just be terrible. For that matter, God forbid they just skip the damned vacation. There's millions of Americans who don't get paid holidays anyway, so it would be a chance to see what life is like for regular Americans.

And I just read that Commander CooCoo Bananas has signed an Executive Order that in the event of a catastrophic emergency will put him personally in charge of the entire apparatus of the Federal Government, specifically mentioning the Legislative and Judicial branches. Even WorldNet Daily is upset at this.

I'm behind on a project I'm working on, and I'm tired. And above it all, I'm just sick of seeing all this bullshit coming out of Washington all the fucking time. I'm tired of having Pelosi, Reid and Co. string me along with good actions only to disappoint me again. I'm tired of reading something like "we don't want to give the GOP an opening to attack us," because what that's really saying is, "we're continuing to waste money listening to shitheads like James Carville and Bob Shrum, and they told us to be afraid of the big bad GOP." If the Republicans are going to accuse you of being soft on terrorism, or weak on defense, or wishy-washy and without a clear direction, there's not actually any obligation to make it true.

So, see you tomorrow. I'll find some funny stuff, I hope, to post for Friday. And maybe later I'll be more in the mood for insightful commentary.

Till then, go do something nice for someone, and then say to yourself, "There. Not everyone is an asshole."



<< Home
About The Thinkery
Site feed

Recent Entries
Surrender Monkeys
Congressional Drama
Dear God, What Are We Become?
Oh Man Oh Man Oh Man Oh Man Oh Man Oh Man
If It Makes Everyone Mad, It's Not Really A Compro...
Impeach Bush
A Question For Americans
Richardson News
Kopi Luwak
News From The DMZ

Contributors

Stephen

Blogroll
Ezra Klein
Slacktivist
Eschaton
litbrit
Harp and Sword
Shakesville
Brilliant At Breakfast
In This Moment
Theologoumenon
Adversaria
Faith and Theology
Theology and Biblical Studies
Internet Monk
Boar's Head Tavern
Jesus Creed
Sacra Doctrina
Khora
Maggi Dawn
Shadows of Divine Things
Chrisendom
Leithart
Foolish Sage
Per Caritatem
James K.A. Smith
Theoloblog
The Ethical Werewolf
A Pedestrian View
Brilliant At Breakfast

Archives
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
March 2008
January 2075

Powered by Blogger

My Ecosystem Details>